Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wonderful day on the trails

It was a great day out there today.  we started in Kent WA and passed through issaquah to preston to snoqualamie for the finish.  we had a wonderful section of trail from mile 15 to the finish really at mile 39 with only a few miles of road interspersed.  we ran around squak mountain and then wandered through the hills for a little longer.  around mile 26 i ran into a black bear on the trail not more than 50 yards in front of me.  it came down the hill, crossed the trail and paused to look me over then continued into the woods for the rest of his afternoon.  it was pretty cool.

my ankle is also on the mend, yesterday it started to bother me about mile 10 or so and with every step i could feel a little tendonitis in my tibalis anterior.  Commonly known as ultra runners ankle, i tried to fix it with re-lacing my shoes which helped a bit.  after the day was over i put some ice on it and took some aleve.  this morning i loaded up on aleve again and fixed my laces again and was off.  after about 15 minutes my ankle was feeling much better and i knew it was going to be a pretty good day.  the views only made it better in combination with the fact that today was the first day we ran without rain.  the previous 4 days had their showers, which being from the arizona desert i haven't experienced in a long, long time. 

Jen and Mike ran together today for most of the run.  I think Jen had a missed turn or two, but finished strong and Mike is on the mend and running well.  Marty is still here and providing excellent moral support and will be a huge help once Katie leaves in a few days.

no pictures today from me but once katie gets home we will get her pictures loaded up to the blog and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment