Thursday, June 21, 2012

day 23- rough start

The best thing I can say about day 23 is it's over.  I started to feel bad yesterday about 2:30 or 3 o'clock after the run and got progressively worse until I went to bed about 8:30.  My stomach was very upset, I didn't really feel like puking, but if given some money probably could have produced something.  This morning at breakfast I still didn't have an appetite but forced down a little breakfast.  We made the starting line by about 7:10 and Mike and I walked for the 1st 20 minutes or so.  My left ankle was still sore from the tendonitis, but my lower back was better from the strain yesterday.  We started to run and Jen was out ahead of us by a little over a mile.  Our 1st 8 miles was south on US-89 and then a left on 294.  I made it to the van while jen was still there and tried to eat a muffin.  my stomach still felt off, but was the same walking or running.  I was tired most of the day and my stomach didn't want anything in it most of the day.  I think that I ate a muffin, yogurt, bananna, and a gatorade all day.  Heidi gave me a ginger candy about 10:30 or 11 which helped and around noon my stomach was feeling better, but I still felt sluggish.  During this whole time my plan was to try and plod along until noon- 5 hours in, and then walk whatever was left.   At noon with about 18 miles left I changed plans and ran 10 min/walked 5.  That continued to the finish.  All day long Jen and I battled back and forth, never more than 0.5 miles apart and always at the aid stations together.  If it wasn't for her being close I don't think that I would have finished as well as I did today.  This morning my plan was for a 12 hour day, with her pushing me and Margaret there for aid it turned into an 8 hour day.

No comments:

Post a Comment