Sunday, June 17, 2012

Late Entry Day 16


Today was awesome.  I woke up last night about 1 am with Adam snoring again, not a big deal.  I put in some ear plugs and that helped the noise.  My right ankle was extremely painful; I probably had the most pain I have had since it began swelling, probably from all the downhill yesterday.  I finally got back to sleep and woke up this morning with my left ankle and hamstring felt much better and the right ankle was much better after the compression hose all night.  Tape and compression hose on both legs, 3 English muffins with peanut butter and 3 donuts later we were ready to run.  The morning started cool about 45 degrees and very foggy.  The 1st 90 minutes was on a frontage road near I-90.  Near mile 6 I dropped my jacket, turned east and ran up old Mullen road into the Lolo national forest.  The sun broke the fog and the mountains were all around me.  I was feeling good and met Adam 11.5 miles in.  We turned on to some single track trail and headed down into the forest but I didn’t get to see any wildlife.  We got back to old Mullen road and into St. Regis around mile 19.  The legs were feeling good and turning over well without any pain at all.  Just a little tiredness from the climbing yesterday.  Next we turned down Montana 135 and headed down the Clark Fork River next to the train tracks.  The road seemed as though it would never end.  There were great views around every turn but after about 35 miles I just wanted to finish.  The sun was out and it was getting a little warm, only about 70 but no breeze.  Nothing compared to what we will encounter soon.  I turned in a time of 6:41 for the day without any pain. I got home iced the legs and ate a big dinner.  Hopefully the worst of the swelling and injuries are behind me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment