Wednesday, May 30, 2012

As they say "Day one is in the books!"

Exciting day today.  saw the pacific today, drank some ocean water and took off for the coast.  it was an uneventful start with a line drawn in the sand and some walking to start, like any good ultra begins. no rain today and cool temps lead to a good day.  I tried to drink as much as i could but it was so cool that I didnt need much, maybe 3-4 liters.  the scenery was good, lots of marshes and grasses to start.  it gave way to pine forest and rivers that we ran along.  the clouds broke around noon and we had a good few hours of sun to finish.  I got to the car and followed Hortons' and Jens' advise and got my shoes off compression hose on, ice on the knees and food in the stomach. 


I feel pretty good now and will try to get some dinner and rest for another good day tomorrow.

video of the start to follow with better internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment